Gas leaks require the attention of an emergency plumber who is registered with Gas Safe, as not all plumbers have the training to handle such emergencies.
How can I detect a gas leak in my house?
The following signs and symptoms may show up if you’ve been around leaking gas:
- The odor of gas
- Illness and Constant Headaches
If you suffer any of the following symptoms, getting some fresh air as soon as possible is highly recommended. If you are feeling sick, it is possible that you have been poisoned by carbon monoxide and you should seek medical assistance as soon as possible.
The improper combustion of gas results in the production of carbon monoxide. If you observe any of the following, you may be able to determine whether or not there is a carbon monoxide leak:
- Your boiler’s pilot light goes out frequently, which is very frustrating.
- Instead of being blue, the flames on your gas appliances have an orange or yellow tint to them when they burn.
- Gas appliances might show signs of scorching or soot buildup.
- You observe that there is an abnormally high level of condensation on your windows.
In the event of a gas leak in my house, what should I do?
- If you believe there may be a gas leak in your home, you should not use a mobile phone inside the building. Use a cell phone only when you are outside or in the home of a neighbor.
- Open all of the doors and windows in your house.
- Do not smoke, use matches, or bring any open fires into the building.
- It is imperative that you do not try to turn any electrical switches on or off.
- If you are familiar with how to do so, turn off the gas at the meter.
- If you think there might be a gas leak in your home, you should get outside and stay away from it.
- If you call the National Gas Emergency hotline, a Gas Safe engineer in your region will be dispatched to take care of the leak you have. Because of the severity of the situation, you need to make sure that a fully qualified
- Call plumbing services Sydney when there is a gas leak. Although there are numerous plumbing situations for which you can contact a plumber for assistance, a gas leak is one of the most serious